"A thing that you see in my pictures is that I was not afraid to
fall in love with these people.
"
-Annie Leibovitz

Contact me at rachellouisephoto.com
visit my web site and online portfolio

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Week 4 BOC: Sports Photography


For my sports photography challenge I went to a gymnastics competition in San Diego. Sports photography is really tough because lots of sports don't allow you to use flash photography indoors while athletes are working out because it can be dangerous and distracting. Therefor you have to rely solely on there being enough ambiant light inside whatever room you are working in. If there is not much ambiant light and you boost your ISO all the way up you may not be able to keep your shutter speed quick enough which will result in motion blur. You generally want to keep your shutter speed above 1/250th of a second. Luckily in this facility there was quite a bit of extra ambiant light, however I could of used a little bit more. I shot at ISO 1600 which is not something I really like to do, but I had no other choice. Overall they came out pretty well, I just would of liked to have boosted up my shutter speed a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment