"A thing that you see in my pictures is that I was not afraid to
fall in love with these people.
"
-Annie Leibovitz

Contact me at rachellouisephoto.com
visit my web site and online portfolio

Friday, February 11, 2011

Week 5 BOC: Competitive Analysis Project






When I started my initial search for photography companies, I decided to search, "Las Vegas Wedding Photographers," because those would be the people who are my competitors. Of course I came across a lot of web sites that were somewhat decent but I came across one that was particularly interesting. the website is http://www.altf.com/. This wedding company is based out of Las Vegas and do some amazing wedding photography that are very hip, and stylish for this day and age. When I finally got to see the images I really fell in love with the work. However, it was really dificult to make the actual website work. There were several categories across the top of the page that I clicked on that never worked or didnt appear to be working. Unfortunately that is a total turn off for a client. The sections of the page that did work were really nice and showed a lot of the photographers work. It just needs a little bit of tweaking. They did have a contact page that did work, so they are definitely not a glamour site, but a real working busines.

The second website that I looked at was http://www.blrphoto.com/. This website had a separate wedding section and a separate portrait site which I thought was a pretty good idea. However I went straight to the wedding site, and instantly it started playing a video and I noticed a section that said "cinema," which I was confused by. Do they do photo or video? Or both? This is clearly a large company because they are based out of Las Vegas, San Francisco, and Napa Valley. They also have about 6 different sets of photographers that work in all parts of the country. They are definitely a real business because they have all sorts of information all over their site. I am not sure I really like how there are so many different categories to choose from. Seems a little confusing.

Another website I checked out was http://www.redrockstudioslv.com/. My first impression of this website is that it is really cheesy. The wedding shots are very typical and really are not anything quite special to look at. Of course a lot of them are out at red rock (not somewhere I would choose to take a bride and groom) so I already don't like the feel. However I do have to admit that the site is very straight forward, and offers a lot of great information. It's laid out really simple: The images take up the entire screen except across the bottom there is a small bar that says gallery images, and our pricing. I think it really works out well.

Overall I think there was a lot of great information and especially a lot of great ideas with this research project.

No comments:

Post a Comment